The function of the ordinary meetings of the Contracting Parties is to keep under review the implementation of this Convention and its protocols and, in particular:
- To consider information submitted by the Contracting Parties under article 23;
- To adopt, review and amend annexes to this Convention and to its related protocols, in accordance with the provisions of article 20;
- To make recommendations regarding the adoption of any additional protocols or amendments to this Convention or its protocols in accordance with the provisions of articles 18 and 19;
- To establish working groups as required to consider any matters concerning this Convention and its protocols;
- To assess periodically the state of the environment in the Convention area;
- To consider cooperative activities to be undertaken within the framework of this Convention and its protocols, including their financial and institutional implications, and to adopt decisions relating thereto;
- To consider and undertake any additional action that may be required for the achievement of the purposes of this Convention and its protocols.