Join us: Panel Discussion on Fisheries and Marine Environment Collaboration for Sustainable Blue Growth
Join the SWIOFC-Nairobi Convention Partnership Project as they host an online panel discussion on Fisheries and Marine Environment Collaboration for Sustainable Blue Growth as part of the Second Edition of the Growing Blue Conference .
In the context of current developments in the Western Indian Ocean, the panel members will reflect on, highlight and discuss:
- The key issues that the fisheries and environment sectors need to collaborate on more closely to address policy and management priorities for the region
- Working arrangements that can enable this collaboration in practice and what is needed to establish these
- Examples and opportunities to learn from and capitalize on
For more details on this panel discussion, read the concept note here.
This is open online panel session will be held 11:15-12:30 CAT (12:15-13:30 EAT) on Friday 19 November 2021. The session will be screened on-site in Vilankulos at Hotel Nhafudu following on directly after the parallel session 8, and can be accessed online through following link:
Meeting ID: 979 5275 4349
The speakers will be:
- Hon. Dr. Paubert Tsimanaoraty Mahatante, Minister for Fisheries and Blue Economy in Madagascar
- Harsen Nyambe Nyambe, Director of Sustainable Environment and Blue Economy at the African Union Commission
- Dr. Salomão Bandeira , Associate Professor at the Eduardo Mondlane University in Maputo
- Vatosoa Rakotondrazafy, National Coordinator of MIHARI – Madagascar’s Locally Managed Marine Areas (LMMAs) Network